Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Country Roads

While I would love for them to literally "take me home, to the place I belong", Texas' back roads usually make for some interesting photographic opportunities. I went down to Brazos Bend State Park the day before Hurricane/Tropical Storm/Slightly-Wet-Breeze Edouard rolled through. Apparently an impending hurricane was enough to close down a low lying Park near the Coast, and the gate was locked when I got there.

Not to have my wanderlust given an abrupt cold shower, I drove around the surrounding back roads for a while, during a sunset that, while not fantastic by Big Texas Sky standards, was fairly decent.

Here are a couple pics of agricultural southeastern Texas. Click to see large.

...I'm not saying I want to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely...

George Ranch Area Sunset
sunset pano 1 - George Ranch area

Sunset pano 2, George Ranch area

Sunset Pano 2 - George Ranch area (color version)

Fields of Gold. and Trees.
Twin Trees, George Ranch area

and one shot from the night before the "Storm":

Barker Reservoir as the "Storm" moves in
Storm pano 1 - Barker Reservoir

1 comment:

stanford said...

Buttercup, stage left, looks askance in disbelief.