Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Blackbirds on Painted Landscape
Blackbirds on Early Winter Fields

As I write this, I am working my way toward an early morning flight to NY for Thanksgiving. There's nothing quite like NY in autumn, especially as the splendor of fall leaves winds down toward Thanksgiving, when the cold nights bring on a sort of after-the-party melancholy that simultaneously has a clarity and warm sentimentality bundled with it. At least for me.

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday because it doesn't need distractions. No gifts, no heavy metaphor, just a few days of family, food, and rest before insanity of the Christmas onslaught begins.

So, I hope this finds you and your family well. Here's a few pictures from Thanksgivings past, and I wish you all a happy holiday.

Barnscape

Thanksgiving in NY 2Letchworth State Park - Curved WallTurkey!

Letchworth State Park - Winter Trees

From top: Last Leaves, Early Snow, November Path, Turkey!, Cold Landscape


All images copyright Justin Bower, All rights reserved.

No comments: